SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
November 1 to November 30, 2017
- Drive foundation piles for temporary bridge
- Drive sheet pile for temporary wall east of existing bridge
- Fabricate deck slabs for temporary bridge
- Pour concrete for pier caps
- Partial demolition of existing bridge fender system
- Install temporary bridge fender system
- Assemble temporary lift span tower
- Clear vegetation on the northeast corner of Southern Boulevard and Flagler Drive
- Placement of temporary bridge decks
- Clear vegetation on the south side of Bingham Island
Other activities within the project limits:
- City of West Palm Beach reconstruction of a lift station at the southeast corner of Southern Boulevard and Flagler Drive
Southern Boulevard Bridge:
Please be advised the westbound lane of Southern Boulevard Bridge will be closed from 9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly on the following dates:
- Monday, Nov. 27, to Thursday, Nov. 30;
- Sunday, Dec 3., to Thursday, Dec. 7;
- Sunday, Dec 10, to Thursday, Dec. 14;
- Sunday, Dec. 17, to Thursday, Dec. 21.
Flaggers will maintain two-way traffic in the eastbound lane – one direction at a time – to allow crews to perform exploratory drilling for the replacement bridge foundations.
The north sidewalk on the Southern Boulevard Bridge is closed until further notice. Pedestrians should use the south sidewalk.
The parking lots on the south side of Bingham Island are closed due to the installation of a temporary construction fence on the south side of the Southern Boulevard Causeway. The parking lots will remain closed until further notice due to ongoing construction activities. Parking is available on the north side of the causeway.
The dedicated left-turn lane from southbound Flagler Drive to eastbound Southern Boulevard has been eliminated. Southbound traffic on Flagler Drive can make left turns from the southbound travel lane.
City of West Palm Beach Utility Work: The southeast corner of Flagler Drive and Southern Boulevard is closed to pedestrians as the City of West Palm Beach performs work on a lift station. Pedestrians should use the west sidewalk on Flagler Drive.
The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICCW) through the Southern Boulevard Bridge will have half-channel closures from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday throughout November 2017. A double-span opening (full channel open) may be requested during those times if four-hour notice is provided by calling Clay Bores, Project Superintendent, at (407) 488-0738. During half-channel closures, the horizontal clearance through the bridge is 35 feet. The schedule of channel restrictions is published in the U.S. Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners at www.navcen.uscg.gov