SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
May 1 to May 31, 2019
- Construction of southern portion of tide relief bridge
- Construction of bascule bridge
- Install permanent walls
- Install foundations for tide relief bridge abutment
- Install drill shafts for bascule bridge piers
- Install foundations for bascule bridge piers
- Fabricate concrete seal slabs for bridge foundations
- Install drainage
The east and west sidewalks on Flagler Drive, from Southern Boulevard to Worth Court North, and the south sidewalk on Southern Boulevard, from Washington Road to Flagler Drive, will close starting May 28. Pedestrians will be detoured as follows:
- Pedestrians going on north on Flagler Drive should: Go west on Worth Court North to Washington Road; go north on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard; go east on Southern Boulevard to Flagler Drive.
- Pedestrians going south on Flagler Drive should: Go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road; go south on Washington Road to Worth Court North; go east on Worth Court North to Flagler Drive.
The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICCW) through the Southern Boulevard Bridge will have half-channel closures from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. A full channel opening may be requested during those times if four-hour notice is provided by calling Project Superintendent Clay Bores at (407) 488-0738. During half-channel closures, the horizontal clearance through the bridge is 40 feet. The Southern Boulevard Bridge opens for marine traffic twice per hour at 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour.