SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
September 1 to September 30, 2017
- Drive foundation piles for temporary bridge
- Drive sheet pile for temporary wall
- Fabricate deck slabs for temporary bridge
- Install temporary traffic signal poles at Southern Boulevard and Flagler Drive
- Reconstruct northwest corner of Southern Boulevard and Flagler Drive
Other upcoming activities within the project limits:
- AT&T utility relocation on Southern Boulevard
- City of West Palm Beach reconstruction of a lift station at the southeast corner of Southern Boulevard and Flagler Drive
Southern Boulevard Bridge:
The north sidewalk on the Southern Boulevard Bridge is closed until further notice. Pedestrians should use the south sidewalk.
The northbound lane of Flagler Drive from north of Flagler Promenade North to Southern Boulevard will be closed from 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5, to 6 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 6, as traffic signal poles are installed. Northbound traffic will be maintained in the westbound left-turn lane.
AT&T Permit Work: The eastbound lanes of Southern Boulevard from west of Washington Road to Flagler Drive are closed with eastbound traffic shifted to the north as AT&T performs utility work in the area. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times. Traffic will remain in this configuration through September 2017. For more information, please contact Project Manager Antonio Defreitas at (787) 363-0126