SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
March 1 to March 31, 2018
- Install beams for temporary bridge piers
- Placement of temporary bridge deck spans
- Install temporary bridge fender system
- Assemble and install temporary lift span gantry
- Install temporary lift span counterweights and cross heads
- Install temporary bridge control booth and traffic gates
- Install temporary drainage
- Install temporary construction walls at northeast corner of Flagler Drive and Southern Boulevard
Southern Boulevard Bridge:
The north sidewalk on the Southern Boulevard Bridge is closed until further notice. Pedestrians should use the south sidewalk.
The parking lots on the south side of Bingham Island are closed. The parking lots will remain closed until further notice due to ongoing construction activities. Parking is available on the north side of the causeway.
Flagler Drive north of Southern Boulevard and Southern Boulevard east of Flagler Drive will have intermittent single-lane closures from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. daily from Monday, March 5, to Friday, March 9, as a temporary construction wall is installed at the northeast corner of Flagler Drive and Southern Boulevard. Police officers will assist in maintaining traffic through the intersection.
The dedicated left-turn lane from southbound Flagler Drive to eastbound Southern Boulevard has been eliminated. Southbound traffic on Flagler Drive can make left turns from the southbound travel lane.
The northeast corner of Flagler Drive and Southern Boulevard is closed to pedestrians. Pedestrians should use the west sidewalk on Flagler Drive.
The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICCW) through the Southern Boulevard Bridge will have full-channel closures from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 28, to Friday, March 2. The schedule of channel restrictions is published in the U.S. Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners at www.navcen.uscg.gov