SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
September 1 to September 30, 2018
- Demolition of main bridge’s bascule leaves and piers
- Install temporary construction walls
- Install gravity wall on the south side of the Southern Boulevard Causeway
- Install sidewall on the south side of the Southern Boulevard Causeway
- Exploratory drilling for replacement bridge foundations
The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICCW) through the Southern Boulevard Bridge will have half-channel closures from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. A full channel opening may be requested during those times if four-hour notice is provided by calling Project Superintendent Clay Bores at (407) 488-0738. During half-channel closures, the horizontal clearance through the bridge is 40 feet. The Southern Boulevard Bridge opens for marine traffic twice per hour at 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour.