SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
January 1 to January 31, 2019
- Construction of southern portion of tide relief bridge
- Construction of bascule bridge
- Install temporary construction walls
- Install permanent walls
- Install drill shafts for tide relief bridge abutment
- Install drill shafts for western abutment of the bascule bridge
- Fabricate concrete seal slabs for bridge foundations
- Preparation for drill shafts for the main bascule pier
During presidential visits, the right-turn lane and south sidewalk on Southern Boulevard between Washington Road and Flagler Drive will be closed. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the north sidewalk.
The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICCW) through the Southern Boulevard Bridge will have half-channel closures from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. A full channel opening may be requested during those times if four-hour notice is provided by calling Project Superintendent Clay Bores at (407) 488-0738. During half-channel closures, the horizontal clearance through the bridge is 40 feet. The Southern Boulevard Bridge opens for marine traffic twice per hour at 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour.