SR 80 (Southern Blvd) Bridge Replacement Project
October 1 to October 31, 2019
Project Progress: 63% complete
- Construction of southern portion of tide relief bridge
- Installation of foundations for tide relief bridge
- Construction of bascule bridge
- Installation of drill shafts for bascule bridge piers
- Installation of foundations for bascule bridge piers
- Installation of foundations for bascule bridge spans
- Installation of drainage on Flagler Drive and Southern Boulevard
- The south sidewalk on Southern Boulevard, from Washington Road to Flagler Drive, will be closed through summer 2020 for drainage installation and reconstruction of the roadway.
- Flagler Drive from Southern Boulevard to Worth Court North will close beginning Oct. 7 and will remain closed through summer 2020 as the roadway is reconstructed. Access will be maintained for local traffic only. Sidewalks also will be closed. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic going north on Flagler Drive should: Go west on Worth Court North to Washington Road; go north on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard; go east on Southern Boulevard to Flagler Drive.
- Traffic going south on Flagler Drive should: Go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road; go south on Washington Road to Worth Court North; go east on Worth Court North to Flagler Drive.
The navigable Intracoastal Waterway (ICCW) through the Southern Boulevard Bridge will have half-channel closures from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. A full channel opening may be requested during those times if four-hour notice is provided by calling Project Superintendent Clay Bores at (407) 488-0738. During half-channel closures, the horizontal clearance through the bridge is 40 feet. The schedule of channel restrictions is published in the U.S. Coast Guard’s Local Notice to Mariners at www.navcen.uscg.gov. The Southern Boulevard Bridge opens for marine traffic twice per hour at 15 minutes and 45 minutes past the hour.